BREAKING

12/21/2011

Koda Kumi admits she is pregnant, cancels concert tour




TOKYO: Popular J-Pop singer Koda Kumi admitted that she is indeed pregnant on Saturday, days after she announced her wedding to Japanese rock band Back-On's vocalist Kenji03, reported Japanese media.

A spokesperson for the singer, whose real name is Kumiko Koda, had previously stressed that hers will not be a shotgun wedding, but that seems not to be the case.

"I had wanted to tell my fans but my doctor told me not to announce it yet since I'm not yet in a stable stage of pregnancy," explained Koda of her delayed pregnancy announcement.

"After the reports surfaced, many people got confused. I didn't intend for that to happen, so I decided to announce it ahead of schedule."

The reports Koda was referring to were a slew of recent articles citing a source who claimed to be Koda's close friend, that the singer is pregnant.

In addition, the 29-year-old star announced over her official website on Monday that she will be cancelling her upcoming concert tour in Japan, because she would not be able to perform at her best in her condition.

Koda revealed that she will hold a concert on her 30th birthday next year instead.

"I will turn 30 then and it's a day to celebrate. But I'm also a bit nervous that I won't fit into my costumes as it is soon after I give birth," said Koda.

-CNA/ha

Source: Channel News Asia

- Justin -

About the ""

Justin Vawter Greco Buenagua *

An architecture student. A fashion and design blogger. Total sucker for S.H.E.! Wishes to be married to Ella Chen someday (sorry Richard!) I created this blog just to share everything I love about C-Pop. Who would have thought this would become like this? Thank you for reading! Keep the love for Asian music alive! :)
Facebook | Twitter | Blog

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting! Spread the love for Asian Music!

- Justin -

 
Copyright © 2013 Taiwan Pop