BREAKING

5/04/2010

Ella Chen was Harassed on Train

I was really upset when I encountered this news online. I am currently watching "Autumn's Concerto" (I was on Episode 7, anyway), and I noticed that on Episode 2 or 3 (I can't recall), the main lead, Ady An was also harassed by her Uncle. Why is this happening? I mean, I am a man or a boy, but I could not imagine myself harassing a girl. It's just like harassing your own mother or sister. What is wrong with us these days? Harassing would not make us happy and moreover, it would make another one cry. This is just unfair.

Ella Chen, my favorite star and a member of S.H.E. announced that she was harassed in a public train. I was really angry and asked myself, why is this happening? Even I, myself has also experienced to be harassed. I was walking down this park when I saw a man (or a gay) following behind me. Then suddenly he asked me to.. (you already know what that means). I guess harassment could happen to almost anyone, no matter if you are a girl or a boy.

So to all the victims, stand up and speak up! Don't let these nightmares haunt you. And to all those who create these bad ghosts, you better think twice. Do you want this to happen to your own daughter or son? Stop Harassment!

Anyway, here is the full article:
S.H.E's Ella Chen was herself a victim of sexual harassment on public transport.

The boyish singer-actress revealed this at the group's endorsement event for the Taipei metro.

The incident happened on a train during her schooling days. She had dozed off with a man standing close to her.

Ella said that before long, she felt him rubbing against her elbow, which shook her up. She got up to confront him but he took off immediately.

The 28-year-old expressed that one would know if one has been sexually harassed. She took the opportunity to remind girls to stand up for themselves bravely and not to silently accept such behaviour.

Sexual harassment on public transport is believed to be a social phenomenon that's rampant but often goes unreported. Victims often dismiss them as unintended or are at a loss to speak up.

In a poll conducted in Singapore last year, it was found that four in 10 undergraduates here have encountered such harassment on buses and trains. Less than five percent did anything about it when it happened.

- Justin -

About the ""

Justin Vawter Greco Buenagua *

An architecture student. A fashion and design blogger. Total sucker for S.H.E.! Wishes to be married to Ella Chen someday (sorry Richard!) I created this blog just to share everything I love about C-Pop. Who would have thought this would become like this? Thank you for reading! Keep the love for Asian music alive! :)
Facebook | Twitter | Blog

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Spread the love for Asian Music!

- Justin -

 
Copyright © 2013 Taiwan Pop