BREAKING

2/11/2011

Sarah Geronimo hopes to reinvent herself this year




Aside from her career, Sarah Geronimo shared that she is also focused on improving herself this 2011. “Gusto ko pang mag-improve pa as a singer [and] as an artist,” (I want to still improve as a singer and as an artist) she said at the 16th Jollibee Maaga ang Pasko thanksgiving event at the Mandarin Orientel Hotel, Makati, last February 8, Tuesday. While she is aware that it is challenging, Sarah is determined to work on her singing and acting career at the same time. “Kasi mahirap talagang pagsabayin kapagfocused ka sa isang bagay, [pero] ‘yung balance lang ng mga priorities [ang kailangan].” (It is really hard to do many things when you are focused at only one [but] the balance of priorities [is what you need].

She said that she is doing this to make her supporters proud of her. “Para hindi ko naman ma-disappoint ang mga taong naniniwala sa akin, ‘yung mga supporters also.” (So I won't disappoint the people who believes in me, and my supporters also). Likewise, she also wants to prove her detractors wrong. “Sa critics [atdun sa mga hindi natutuwa sa akin, inspirasyon ko sila. Bahagi [silang inspirasyon para pagbutihin ko itong trabaho ko,” (To the critics [and] those who're not happy at me, they are my inspiration. [They] are part of my inspiration to do my work better). she explained.

The Pop Star Princess also said that she is thinking of reinventing herself. “Importante kasi ‘yon, bilang artist, ‘yun nga para laging may bagong nakikita ‘yung tao, para hindi sila magsawa.(It's important being an artist, so they could see something new, so the people won't be tired.)

When Push.com.ph asked the singer-actress if she will strive for an edgier image, she replied, “Hopefully. Sana po. Sana sa tulong ng team na tumutulong sa akin, mula sa make-up artist, wardrobe, manager ko, sana magkaroon ng reinvention naman.”  (Hopefully. I wish. I hope that with the help of the team that is helping me, from the make-up artist, wardrobe, my manager, I hope I could have a reinvention.) Part of her resolution is to be more physically fit for health reasons and to look good. “Siguro dahil gumagawa kami ng movie tapos may concert din. Also ‘yung pag nagpe-perform ako hindi magandang tingnan ‘pag sumasayaw ka ‘di ba? Mahirap din gumalaw ‘pag ganun.” (Maybe because we are doing a movie and a concert too. Also, when I perform, I don't look good when dancing right? It's hard to move like that).

She was quick to add though that showing more skin is out of the question. “Wala naman akong ipapakita,” 
(I have nothing to show) she joked.  “Mag-tone lang para hindi naman [pangit] tingnan.” (I'll just use tone so it wouldn't look bad)

Sarah will be holding a Valentine concert with Martin Nievera at the Araneta Coliseum on February 12. She said that it is a big blessing to have the chance to work with him and that she hopes to learn a lot from Martin in terms of performing

Meanwhile, Sarah has also started shooting with Gerald Anderson for her next movie and described her new leading man as a real gentleman.




Source: Push
Translated by: - Justin -


 - Justin -

About the ""

Justin Vawter Greco Buenagua *

An architecture student. A fashion and design blogger. Total sucker for S.H.E.! Wishes to be married to Ella Chen someday (sorry Richard!) I created this blog just to share everything I love about C-Pop. Who would have thought this would become like this? Thank you for reading! Keep the love for Asian music alive! :)
Facebook | Twitter | Blog

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Spread the love for Asian Music!

- Justin -

 
Copyright © 2013 Taiwan Pop