BREAKING

6/19/2011

Bekah to graduate from After School; New Japanese member to enroll?



Pledis Entertainment must have realized that After School‘s fans were getting used to welcoming new members because they decided to shake things up with a shocking announcement this week.
Bekah, one of the original members of After School, will become the first member to officially graduate from the group. (Apparently, former member Soyoung, who left for health reasons/to pursue acting, doesn’t qualify as a graduate).



We should have known something was up when Bekah wasn’t in Namie Amuro’s music video for “Make It Happen,” which featured After School. (Although fans did point out that it was weird how Bekah just happened to be in Hawaii at the time and was supposedly unable to make it to the filming…)
According to Korean news sites, Pledis Entertainment has stated that Bekah will return to her home in Hawaii to pursue her studies in design. She has expressed her hope to design one of After School’s albums in the future — isn’t that sweet?
In the meantime, Bekah’s graduation day is set for July 1st. A graduation photoshoot has been planned, and she will release a solo single (that she wrote herself) as a last present to her fans before she officially departs from the group.
Seems like the trend of switching out members is picking up pace these days. Best of luck to Bekah in all her future endeavors!

Bekah’s letter to her fans on Playgirlz official fansite:

(Bolded words are translated from Korean)

Hello hello~~~ Everyone saw the news reports today, right… I’m sorry~… I wanted to tell you myself… I wanted to think a lot before I said anything~ To my fans… you always gave me strength.. I was always thankful.. Thank you always.. I love you so much.. I’m going to miss you so much~ Don’t be too sad… We’ll see each other again… :] I want to write more in Korean but… Korean is hard hehehe.. ㅜㅜ… So… I will write in English~~~~>.<

I just want to thank everyone for giving me so much of their love and time to support After School and me.I especially am always amazed at those fans who came to see me at Music Bank, Music Core, and Inkigayo..
it was a HUGE encouragement for me.. Right now.. I honestly, don’t know how to feel..I can’t imagine what you guys are feeling too.
I just hope the best for all of you guys, you guys are truly amazing people. I pray that you guys will always reach for your goals and no matter who discourages you..
that you keep on going.Life is crazy, how it can change in an instant.
I’m REALLY going to miss you guys screaming out AFTER SCHOOL or even my name.
Everything was a blessing for me and I will NEVER forget you guys. I hope to see you guys soon.
Maybe when I visit Korea again I can see you guys somehow..
I love Korea and even though it was a different culture and lifestyle for me.. I grew to embrace it and love it.
You guys truly real warm people inside. I wish you guys to just shine as brightly as possible and not be afraid to love one another.
I’ve learned that there are a lot of people who are difficult to get along with or love…but still..loving each other is the best thing you couldb ever do in this world. Of course I’m still learning too.. hehe.
I don’t want to say goodbye because I have a feeling i’ll be seeing you guys one day, maybe on the street, at a convenience store…
I’m not too sure but I will see you guys again.I love you guys with all my heart and I’m so blessed. I hope for the best for you guys and always smile.
God bless you guys always. I love you… so so much… :] <3 Bekah~ [Source]

To add to the shock of Bekah’s graduation come rumors of Avex, After School’s Japanese management, holding auditions for a new Japanese member (or two). Pledis has yet to release an official statement.
What do you think? Is it too soon to replace Bekah or is it a good move on their part with their upcoming Japanese debut?

Source: MTVK

- Justin -

About the ""

Justin Vawter Greco Buenagua *

An architecture student. A fashion and design blogger. Total sucker for S.H.E.! Wishes to be married to Ella Chen someday (sorry Richard!) I created this blog just to share everything I love about C-Pop. Who would have thought this would become like this? Thank you for reading! Keep the love for Asian music alive! :)
Facebook | Twitter | Blog

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Spread the love for Asian Music!

- Justin -

 
Copyright © 2013 Taiwan Pop