BREAKING

6/06/2012

Juniel's Debut Korean Album: My First June




After winning "Niji Iro Supernova" in Japan back in 2010, Juniel returns to Korea to release her Korean debut album entitled "My First June".

Celebrating her first June in Korea as an artist, Juniel's debut album proves her talent and the reason she won Japan's biggest singing competition.

Kicking off with the track "일라 일라" (Illa Illa), a pop ballad, I think this is an album worth buying. I love this song and it reminds of some old songs by Utada Hikaru. The influence of Japanese music was really in here.


Next is "Ready Go!", a very fun pop song. At first, I was like, okay.. but then I was amazed at how the song shifted from pop to a slower one at the verse and then back to pop at the chorus. Perfect for those cute sunny days.

If you are looking for a mellow ballad, I suggest  you listen to "Everlasting Sunset". Though there's nothing much that makes it different from other ballads, it was nice listening to this song.

"가면" (Mask) is a must-hear. It starts off with a haunting intro then fades into a more upbeat chorus.

Ending the mini album is her hit plug "바보" (Fool), a collaboration with CNBLUE's Jung Yong Hwa. I really love this song. It has that jazz and blues vibes in it plus you can really see the influence of CNBLUE's style in this song. Very addictive.

Both "Ready Go!" and "Everlasting Sunset" are part of her Japanese album "Ready Go!" while "Mask" is from "Dream and Hope".

Overall, I think this is a nice buy. The songs are amazing and very different from the typical Korean sound.

My Rating: 9.7/10

Track List:

  1. illa illa (일라 일라)
  2. Ready Go!
  3. Everlasting Sunset
  4. Mask (가면)
  5. 바보 (Duet with 정용화(CNBLUE))
- Justin -

About the ""

Justin Vawter Greco Buenagua *

An architecture student. A fashion and design blogger. Total sucker for S.H.E.! Wishes to be married to Ella Chen someday (sorry Richard!) I created this blog just to share everything I love about C-Pop. Who would have thought this would become like this? Thank you for reading! Keep the love for Asian music alive! :)
Facebook | Twitter | Blog

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Spread the love for Asian Music!

- Justin -

 
Copyright © 2013 Taiwan Pop